Manages all field construction on a small to large project or may direct area of a major project reporting to a General Superintendent and / or Project Manager. Responsible for looking after all field aspects of project safety, project budget, schedule and general performance.
- Mobilizing of the project – equipment choices, site layout and site set-up.
- Planning and implementing construction means/methods, schedules, productivity, innovations, site logistics.
- Creating schedules and determining the sequencing of work – must be able to update and maintain schedules when impacts arise.
- Works with the project manager to ensure implementation of Tribury’s safety program, including integrating Tribury’s safety program into all site plans and procedures and adhering to all safety and record-keeping requirements.
- Develops and implements the Project Execution Plan; creates, maintains, and executes the project plan and schedule, and ensures compliance with budget and quality.
- Field administration: preparing timesheets, verifying invoices, labour quantities, packing slips, purchase orders and updating daily job diaries.
- Organizing and co-ordinating all subcontractor activities (includes conducting and chairing weekly co-ordination meetings), assisting project manager with buyouts, monitoring subcontractor monthly progress invoices.
- Project close-out: responsible for final inspections, deficiencies, warranty work and site demobilization.
- Journeyman certificate or postsecondary diploma / engineering degree in a related discipline; enrollment in the Gold Seal program an asset.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in field supervision preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in construction industry and company operations, including building materials, construction specifications, and methods and procedures.
- Understanding of project scope and ability to apply basic engineering principles and embed solutions in construction plans and schedules.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; proficiency with scheduling software an asset.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Tribury Constructors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.